[Patch] Last bits for Martin's issue

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Tue Dec 30 09:59:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

if we want to be really *pedantic* (it costs nothing performance-wise
and the code isn't more complex) we have to look _first_  for
thousands_sep, then for decimal_point, *not* viceversa. My fault.

Also take the occasion to fix another corner case in _M_extract_float:
interestingly the fix makes the fast path... faster! ;) Anyway, more
important is the refined logic, useful when we'll try to replace the
code with something faster, avoiding strtod & co.

Tested x86-linux. Will commit tomorrow.

Paolo.