download.html misdirects people to old cvs [was Re: FreeBSD 4.0support now in]

llewelly@dbritsch.dsl.xmission.com llewelly@dbritsch.dsl.xmission.com
Thu May 11 12:24:00 GMT 2000

On Thu, 11 May 2000, Stefanus Du Toit wrote:

[snip]

> Hmm, do you mean libstdc++-v3 is included with gcc 2.96 (cvs)?

Yes.

cvs -z9 -d: pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.cygnus.com:/cvs/gcc login

cvs -z9 -d: pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.cygnus.com:/cvs/gcc co gcc/libstdc++-v3

Or you can wait until the next gcc snapshot appears at fast mirror near
  you - See http://gcc.gnu.org/mirrors.html .
  I have been using ftp.freesoftware.com/pub/sourceware/gcc/snapshots

> I have been looking at the libstdc++ cvs from cygnus.com so far, it seems
> to be the same as the april 20 snapshot - should I be looking somewhere
> else for really bleeding edge, current cvs?

hm. I suspect you are looking at the old cvs repository.

Actually, I just looked at

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/libstdc++/download.html

and it misdirects people to the old cvs repository :-(

See http://gcc.gnu.org/cvs.html for the new one.

[snip]