tagging classpath for GCC import

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Mon Dec 3 09:05:00 GMT 2012

On Mon, 2012-12-03 at 02:15 +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Am 02.12.2012 22:20, schrieb Mark Wielaard:
> > It seems the git import from CVS lost the old tags. Does anybody
> > know of a way to get them from the original CVS history into the
> > git repository?
>
> I had a hard time getting any clue that the CVS repo was abandoned. Now finally
> found http://savannah.gnu.org/git/?group=classpath which is not that obvious
> when you start at classpath.org.

Ah, sorry. That must make it look like GNU Classpath is even less active
than it is :{ It is good to keep the CVS repo around for some time, just
for the historical information like branches and tags that didn't
transfer to the git repo. But not if people get confused by it and don't
know where the current sources are. Maybe we should add a file to CVS
"README_MOVED_TO_GIT" with information where the actively maintained
sources are now found?

Cheers,

Mark