Status of the GJC

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Mon Oct 25 11:35:00 GMT 2010

On 10/22/2010 09:44 PM, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I tried to find out more information about the current state of GJC
> in the GCC web site, but to no avail with the latest news being from
> September 2009.
>
> Is it still being developed, or only in maintenance mode?

It's gcj.

It's mostly in maintenance mode.  The compiler itself is pretty solid, but
the Classpath runtime library isn't being developed very much.  We really
need to port gcj to use the OpenJDK runtime libraries, which would make
gcj an excellent product, but so far no-one has had the time to do it.

Andrew.