FYI Patch: java/41991: Use -allow_stack_execute on Darwin

Bryce McKinlay bmckinlay@gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 18:55:00 GMT 2009

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Jack Howarth <howarth@bromo.med.uc.edu> wrote:

> Bryce,
>    Your patch eliminates the crashes in gcj completely for gcc trunk
> on x86_64-apple-darwin9 if I also regress out r154282 and r154283
> so that the FSF libgcc's unwinder is used again. So we are starting
> to peel the layers off of the problem. Your patch definitely should
> go into gcc trunk and gcc 4.4 branch (where it will be immediately
> useful on darwin9 since the libgcc_ext changes don't exist there).

Thanks for testing, Jack. I have checked this patch in to both trunk
and 4.4 branch.

2009-12-09  Bryce McKinlay  <bmckinlay@gmail.com>

        PR java/41991
        * configure.ac (SYSTEMSPEC): Pass -allow_stack_execute to Darwin
        linker.
        * Makefile.am (gij_LDFLAGS): Remove extra_gij_ldflags.
        * configure: Regenerate.
        * Makefile.in: Regenerate.

Bryce