changelog entries for classpath should go to classpath/ChangeLog.gcj, not classpath/ChangeLog

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Tue Jun 10 10:25:00 GMT 2008

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Matthias> noticed this with a classpath merge, please correct me if
> Matthias> I'm wrong. Most of the changelog entries for 2008 in
> Matthias> classpath/ChangeLog should go to
> Matthias> classpath/ChangeLog.gcj. The only entries going to
> Matthias> classpath/ChangeLog are explicit fixes/imports from the
> Matthias> classpath project. Would it be ok to move these entries to
> Matthias> the correct ChangeLog?
>
> Yeah, that would be fine.
> I often have trouble remembering to put things in ChangeLog.gcj.  I
> assume others do too.

This perhaps tells us that the rules are either too complicated or just
wrong.  There's no point having rules that people don't (or can't)
follow.

Andrew.