CNI and garbage collection

Daniel Walter d2walter@hotmail.com
Sat Dec 13 22:56:00 GMT 2008

As I look through the documentation of CNI, I have not found anything about
how Garbage Collection is done.  Is there a section on this?

Questions on GC.
1. In section 11.8 of the manual, a hashtable is created with new
java::util::Hashtable(120).  How is this deallocated?  Based on what I have
seen, it would need to be deleted in C++ which would release it to the GC to
decide when Java is done with it for actual destruction.  Is this correct?

2. If I get a reference to an object as a result of a function call, how
does this effect Garbage Collection of this object.  Do I need to delete
this object for Garabage Collection.

Daniel