libjava and raw_cxx

Ralf Wildenhues Ralf.Wildenhues@gmx.de
Sat Dec 13 07:11:00 GMT 2008

* Paolo Bonzini wrote on Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 10:14:15PM CET:

> > Yes, this is true.  But even though the test that sets
> > shlibpath_overrides_runpath is run for every compiler, only one result
> > is then used for all link commands, and that happens to be the result of
> > the C++ test.
>
> That's the bug then I'd say... Ralf what do you think?

Yes, my intention was to use one cache variable for the test, as opposed
to one per compiler, which should fix this to take the result of the
first compiler (C if not disabled).

Strictly speaking, that is not precise enough: the user could be using
different linkers for different compilers.  I don't think we need to
support such a setup on GNU/Linux, though.

Cheers,
Ralf