AWT with static gcj

Marco Trudel mtrudel@gmx.ch
Wed Sep 20 20:20:00 GMT 2006

Hello list

I use a --disable-shared --enable-java-awt=gtk GCJ, built two days ago
(revision 117030)...

When running a simple AWT application, I get:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: libgtkpeer:
libgtkpeer.a: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    at java.lang.Runtime._load(bin)
    at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(bin)
    at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(bin)
    at gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GtkToolkit.<clinit>(bin)
    at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(bin)
    at SwingMinimal.<clinit>(bin)
    at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(bin)
    at SwingMinimal.main(bin)

I have libgtkpeer.a in lib/gcj-4.2.0/ but when using it, I get:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: libgtkpeer:
./libgtkpeer.a: invalid ELF header

I assume that libgtkpeer.a is for shared applications but I need one for
static applications. But thats just a wild guess, I have really no idea...
Someone else having an one?

thanks
Marco