[win32] -Djava.library.path

Michael Koch konqueror@gmx.de
Tue Sep 19 19:03:00 GMT 2006

On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 08:52:07PM +0200, Marco Trudel wrote:

> >Marco> I use GCJ 4.2.0 (20060630) on linux and windows.
> >Marco> While passing -Djava.library.path=foobar to GCJ leads to the
> >expected
> >Marco> behaviour on linux, it seems to be ignored on windows.
> >
> >Marco> Is this a known bug/problem (I didn't find anything on google or the
> >Marco> GCC bugzilla) or shall I make a bug report?
> >Marco> Has anyone an idea for a workaround?
> >
> >Offhand I would expect this to work ok.  You might verify that
> >USE_LTDL is set on Windows; see the two definitions of _Jv_SetDLLSearchPath
> >in natSystemProperties.cc.
>
> I will do that the next time I compile GCJ for windows. I'll come back
> to you.
>

> >Filing a bug report is a good idea.  Put '[win32]' in the synopsis.
> >Note though that Windows-specific things are worked on very rarely; in
> >fact we're having a problem getting an existing patch tested on
> >Windows, and this is turning into a blocker.
>
> I know but don't really understand. I mean, for most of you guys, this
> really is easier than to tie your shoes...
> Is it a kind of "I hate windows" thing, or is it just too painful to
> crosscompile GCJ and test it on windows (with vmware or similar, linux
> doesn't even have to be shut down ;-)).
> But ok, we could arrange that I could test stuff regularly. Lets say
> once a week or once every two week... Interested?

You still need a windows license. A license of a system you dont reall
know. You cannot force anyone to purchase a windows license just to test
if a recent change regresses on windows.

On the other hand a person that is interested in windows support and
with the needed system can easily do the testing, reporting and bug
fixing.

Marco, it would be great if you could help with this.

Cheers,
Michael
--
http://www.worldforge.org/