micro-libgcj merge reconsidered

Joel Dice dicej@mailsnare.net
Tue Jan 17 14:58:00 GMT 2006

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Per Bothner wrote:
> Creating a new branch for each "configuration" is clearly unsupportable.

I agree that not every unique configuration will need its own branch.
However, branches are cheap, and anyone should feel free to create one if
he or she considers the pain of sharing a branch to be greater than the
pain of merging periodically.  This is likely to be the case if someone
decides to make a J2ME implementation out of micro-libgcj, for example.

> And since we know different "nicro-applications" will require differeny
> Java sub-sets, we will need some kind of configuration mechanism.

I agree.

  - Joel