Native Eclipse on Windows.

Mehdi Mehdi mehdi_cit@hotmail.com
Wed Oct 12 00:54:00 GMT 2005

Hello list,

I'm trying to compile some java to native code. It needs to use some dynamic
class loading.

I  succeeded in compiling some simple  java code to .exe using either
GCJBuilder (an eclipse plugin) or command line. However I'm stuck when
trying to compile some more elaborated java code.

More precisely, I want to know if I can compile some Eclipse RCP (
http://www.eclipse.org/rcp/ ) to native code (some "stand alone" .exe
application).
This is especially important as I want to ship my applications without the
need for huge JREs especially on windows (on other systems recent JRE
usually come with the OS).

Reading through GCJ documentation and through different web sites, it seems
that it is very much possible. At least the whole Eclipse IDE (not just a
scaled down Eclipse RPC) was compiled under some Linux distribution (
http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/ClasspathShowcase ). I tried to
follow the same process on windows to compile some Eclipse RPC but couldn't
get anywhere.

Please, has anyone succeeded in doing something similar on windows?? Any
documentation you could direct me to? Any commandline examples, scripts,
make files ???

You guys have done a great job with GCJ, but it lacks some simple to follow
tutorials where one can see how to use it under different scenarios. I went
through the official documentaion many times but couldn't get much out of
it. It's really frustrating as I know it can be done.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I tried both windows build versions from thisiscool.com!