Article on OpenOffice using GCJ

Ingrid Marson Ingrid.marson@zdnet.co.uk
Thu May 19 17:04:00 GMT 2005

Hi

I'm interested in writing an article on the version of OpenOffice using
GCJ that FSF is developing. What is GCJ being used for? - You say it is
being used to build and run OpenOffice, why is GCJ needed to run
OpenOffice. Surely once OpenOffice has been built it will run
independently?

Why have you decided to develop a separate version of OpenOffice? When
do you think you will have the first version of OpenOffice using GCJ?

I would be keen to chat to someone about this project. Is there anyone
that I can speak to (ideally between 9am and 6pm GMT on Friday)? If so,
please can you email me your phone number and a time that I can call
you.

Thanks for your help.

Ingrid

Ingrid Marson