gij IllegalAccessError

Norman Hendrich hendrich@informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Thu May 19 16:27:00 GMT 2005

Hello again,

as Ranjit pointed out to me, gij is probably right to complain about
the IllegalAccessError in my testcase. Current JDKs (1.4.2 and 1.5.0,
Windows and Linux) also do this when run with the -verify option.

Strangely, the same JDKs run the applet version just fine, though this
would be expected to enforce -verify. This seems to be a JDK bug, and
might be a security hole. For those interested, the Swing-based applet
is at:
http://tams-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/applets/calculator/index.html

Anyway, I attach a 'fixed' gcj-compatible version:

(1) runs with both gcj and gij now
(2) uses AWT dialogs instead of JOptionPane's for help
(3) 'save log as' does not work due to bugs in FileDialog (PR21660).

- Norman