GCC 4.0 Status Report [2005-01-21]

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Sat Jan 29 00:22:00 GMT 2005

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> writes:

Mark> Over the past few releases, little or no progress was made on several
Mark> GCJ regressions, despite pings from me via bugzilla; in those cases,
Mark> we probably would have released anyhow, as I would have concluded
Mark> after a while that there wasn't likely to be any progress on those
Mark> regressions.

Yeah, good point.

For our part, we should at least be on top of things enough to reply
to PRs like this to say "this is a regression but we don't consider it
very important" (or in some cases "none of us has the machine to debug
this one").

Of the 4 open bugs marked "4.0 regression", I would say we can
outright ignore 2 (18190, 18399) for this release.  10353 requires
someone motivated to fix whatever is going on in the solaris port.
18796 looks most like something we would want to fix (though hairy).

I suppose if we run into something we think is truly awful, we will
make sure to send you email as soon as we discover it.