GCJ and Swing

Ivan Ivanov rambiusparkisanius@yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 14:26:00 GMT 2004

--- Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de> wrote:

> Thats not totally true anymore. AWT now works really
> good but still
> lacks some features. Swing is in the works and
> partly works. It
> always depends on the stuff you need and the GCJ
> version you use. AWT
> and Swing is under heavy development currently.

Well, I supposed that should be some development for
AWT and Swing, but when I tried to compile a simple
class that uses JComponents, I received several errors
of the kind
undefined reference to
'java::awt::Component::setLocation(int, int)'.

My GCJ version is gcj (GCC) 3.3.3 20040412. Are these
features implementted in 3.4.1?

> You can probabably use SwingWT which is a Swing
> implementation based
> on SWT. You surely find it via Google.

I will definitely try it. Thank you.

> Michael