GCJ and Swing

Michael Koch konqueror@gmx.de
Mon Aug 23 14:23:00 GMT 2004

Am Montag, 23. August 2004 16:01 schrieb Ivan Ivanov:
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I am currently investigating GCJ and I read in its
> docs that libgcj is missing java.awt and javax.swing.
> Is it possible to use GCJ with a third part library
> that implements Swing and if it is possible, can you
> point me such a library?

Thats not totally true anymore. AWT now works really good but still
lacks some features. Swing is in the works and partly works. It
always depends on the stuff you need and the GCJ version you use. AWT
and Swing is under heavy development currently.

You can probabably use SwingWT which is a Swing implementation based
on SWT. You surely find it via Google.

Michael