libjava configure error

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Tue Aug 17 09:31:00 GMT 2004

>>>>> "Bryan" == Bryan Smant <bryan@stg.com> writes:

Bryan> I am trying to build a cross compiler tool chain targeting eCos
Bryan> running on an ARM7 processor. When I compile libjava with the
Bryan> --with-ecos option, I get the following error message:

The eCos support has bit-rotted over the years.  Also, it was never
truly complete, for instance we had a vague plan to let eCos'
configurability influence the native parts of libgcj, but that was
never implemented.

Bryan> ../../../../src/gcc-3.3.4/libjava/java/io/natFileEcos.cc: File not found

Bryan> Has anyone out there actually built libjava for eCos successfully? Is
Bryan> there a work around, or will I have to write my own version of the file?

Looks like you'll have to write it.  This isn't that hard, at least if
you don't need file support -- just make a .cc file that implements
each native method from File.  These can just throw exceptions.