Resources in natively compiled executables

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Thu Apr 15 14:14:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 20:30, C. Brian Jones wrote:
> Tom does that mean the core: protocol is required to reach what are
> typically classpath visible resources?

Only for those resources you build into your executable.

>  Doesn't this mean having two
> versions of code to do the same thing?

No, the core protocol handling code is quite unique.

>   Seems like a detail that should
> be hidden to fake the usage expected for getResource(), etc.

I don't think we have to fake anything.  We just put core:/ at the end
of the classpath, and it all magically works.

AG

--
Anthony Green <green@redhat.com>
Red Hat, Inc.