Resources in natively compiled executables

C. Brian Jones cbj@gnu.org
Thu Apr 15 03:30:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 10:33, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Chris> All is well when building a jarfile. However, when our target is a
> Chris> native executable, there is currently (AFAIK) no way for gcj to be
> Chris> informed of these resources and package them into the executable in
> Chris> such a way as to be accessible via the above methods.
>
> Look at the `--resource' option.  This lets you compile in a file as a
> resource.  It is available via the special `core:' URL handler;
> `core:/' is put on the class path by default.  I think all the methods
> you mention will work fine with core resources.

Tom does that mean the core: protocol is required to reach what are
typically classpath visible resources?  Doesn't this mean having two
versions of code to do the same thing?  Seems like a detail that should
be hidden to fake the usage expected for getResource(), etc.
--
Brian Jones <cbj@gnu.org>