Reminder: Illegal Package-Private Accesses in libgcj

David Daney ddaney@avtrex.com
Mon Nov 3 04:59:00 GMT 2003

Ranjit Mathew wrote:

>But Bryce wants to avoid having to call backtrace( )
>and use libgcc's unwinder interface instead and hence
>my query.
>
>Ranjit.

Well you probably already know this, but a few weeks ago I added
libjava/sysdep/dwarf2-backtrace.cc which as its name implies generates a
backtrace via the libgcc unwinder.  However as was noted earlier, this
is of little use when the eh_frame info is not available.

It seems to me that if there is no other way to get a backtrace than
using -fno-omit-framepointer and walking the stack, then that is what
you have to do.

The alternative is to not be able to get a stack trace, which implies
that much of the java security infrastructure will not work.

David Daney.