Reminder: Illegal Package-Private Accesses in libgcj

Ranjit Mathew rmathew@hotmail.com
Mon Nov 3 04:51:00 GMT 2003

David Daney wrote:
>>Cool! Somewhat off-topic for this thread, I'm curious
>>to know how you will be able to avoid calling backtrace( )
>>for targets that do not have DWARF-2 EH frame based
>>unwinding for an exception. For example, Win32 is an
>>SJLJ-EH target (as of now).
>
> I beleve that on many targets that if you compile with
> -fno-omit-framepointer it is usually quite easy to generate a stacktrace
> by walking the stack.

Zigackly! This is how backtrace( ) is implemented
on Win32 for GCJ right now and that's why it's
asking for trouble if you try to compile Java programs
with -fomit-framepointer.

In fact, isn't this how glibc's backtrace( ) is
also implemented on x86-Linux?

But Bryce wants to avoid having to call backtrace( )
and use libgcc's unwinder interface instead and hence
my query.

Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew          Email: rmathew AT hotmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.      Web: http://ranjitmathew.tripod.com/