Small example of livelock regression in garbage collector for GCJ 3.3 under Win32

Mohan Embar gnustuff@thisiscool.com
Tue May 20 21:09:00 GMT 2003

Hi People,

>You need -fuse-divide-subroutine and -fcheck-references.  Ranjit ahd a
>look at using Windows' structured exception handling to cope with
>these problems, but I don't think that it's done yet.

So this <i>is</i> related to the SEH stuff. I asked here:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2003-05/msg00146.html

but no one answered me (sniff).

Ranjit, could you educate me more with this? I reread the related posts
but am still not getting what the core issue is. And I still need to know
what --enable-sljl-exceptions means.

It appears that -fcheck-references and -fuse-divide-subroutine will fix
NullPointerException and DivideByZeroException, but won't
fix the root of the problem, right?

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/