Small example of livelock regression in garbage collector for GCJ 3.3 under Win32

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Tue May 20 18:07:00 GMT 2003

Øyvind Harboe writes:
 > Since we are checking assumptions: you are aware that I'm using
 > Mohans build? http://www.thisiscool.com/gcc33_mingw.htm
 >
 > I don't think I'm about to try compiling it myself anytime soon.
 >
 > > What on earth are you using for a mailer?  :-)
 >
 > I recently threw M$ Exchange out of the window. Still stuck w/OL
 > though.
 >
 > > Anyway, let's see your libgcj.spec.
 >

 > Yes doctor. :-)
 >
 > #
 > # This spec file is read by gcj when linking.
 > # It is used to specify the standard libraries we need in order
 > # to link with libgcj.
 > #
 > %rename lib liborig
 > *lib: -lgcj -lm     -lgdi32 -lwsock32 -lws2_32  %(libgcc) %(liborig)
 >
 > *jc1: -fhash-synchronization -fno-use-divide-subroutine  -fuse-boehm-gc
 > -fnon-call-exceptions   -fkeep-inline-functions

You need -fuse-divide-subroutine and -fcheck-references.  Ranjit ahd a
look at using Windows' structured exception handling to cope with
these problems, but I don't think that it's done yet.

Andrew.