SV: Adding another configuration feature to libjava for arm-elfmetal configurations

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Thu May 1 17:42:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 10:11, Andrew Haley wrote:
> Maybe a better idea than a fork would be some scripts that walk over
> the sources making modifications.  We would then have some sort of
> stylized comments that indicate where the exclusions are made.  It
> would then be a drudge job to go over the sources adding the marks.

Keep in mind that it's more than just removing things.  Sometimes the
method APIs look the same, but the behaviour is different - so the
annotations would have to be relatively expressive.   Although at that
point, why not just maintain a bunch of patch files that are applied to
the sources to generate j2me profile configurations?  We're basically
talking about a fork now.

AG