SV: Adding another configuration feature to libjava for arm-elfmetal configurations

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Thu May 1 16:16:00 GMT 2003

Anthony Green writes:
 > On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 10:58, Øyvind Harboe wrote:

 > > Do you think it is worth the effort to try to create patch for a
 > > handful more of disable/enable-java-foo (like
 > > disable/enable-java-awt) configuration options(i.e. does it stand
 > > any chance of being accepted)?
 >
 > I don't know.  To be honest, I believe you will have a hard time
 > finding nice chunks to toggle like that.

Javasoft do, with Java "profiles".  I can't imagine any reason why
they can but we can't.

 > One reason the library is so big is because the core classes are so
 > "connected".  ie. ClassLoader requires networking requires
 > internationalization etc (or something like that).

That's true.  Presumably, making a profile involves disconnecting some
classes such as internationalization.

Andrew.