[3.3] classloader failure

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Mon Mar 17 21:17:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

Op ma 17-03-2003, om 20:15 schreef Jeff Sturm:
> On 17 Mar 2003, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > Ugh. That shouldn't happen. Could you post the complete stacktrace.
>
> Attached.

Thanks, I see what goes wrong here. The extra data can contain an
extended time stamp and we try to convert that to the DOS based time
that ZipEntry uses. We use a Calendar object for this conversion.
(Note that we actually do this wrongly because we use the local time and
we should be using UTC for the extended time stamp according.) Normallz
we just store the DOS based time. I don't know what the best solution is
yet.

Could you check that if you repackage the jar/zip files without the
extended time stamp the failure goes away. Or could you comment out the
setTime() call in ZipEntry.setExtra(byte[]) to check that that works.

Thanks,

Mark