jcf-io.c:339: warning: `origsep' might be used uninitialized

Ranjit Mathew rmathew@hotmail.com
Tue Mar 11 11:44:00 GMT 2003

>  > >Was the patch that caused this failure tested and approved?
>  > >
>  > ><http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-cvs/2003-03/msg00510.html>
>  > >
>  > >I don't see any mention of it on gcc-patches.
>  >
>  > Awfully sorry for this situation - this didn't come up on
>  > my testing because JCF_USE_SCANDIR didn't get defined for
>  > my platform (MinGW). :-(
>
>And this is why I really don't want to commit other people's patches.
>It means that if someone's patch turns out to be a little more flakey
>than it looks, I get to sort out the mess.

I'm really, really sorry for this mess Andrew. Please accept my
apologies for all the trouble and consternation this has
caused you.

>Now, to get to the real nub of the matter: if your platform doesn't
>use JCF_USE_SCANDIR, how did you test the patch?

I applied the patch as given and tested it out on MinGW. It seemed
to solve my problem ("gcj foo/Bar.java" v/s "gcj foo\Bar.java")
without any problems. It's much later that I came to know
of the JCF_USE_SCANDIR that effectively masked out this portion
of the code.

:-(

Ranjit.