jcf-io.c:339: warning: `origsep' might be used uninitialized

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Tue Mar 11 11:25:00 GMT 2003

Ranjit Mathew writes:
 > > > Yet another bootstrap error on hppa64-hp-hpux11.11:
 > > >
 > > >    ../../gcc/gcc/java/jcf-io.c -o java/jcf-io.o
 > > > ../../gcc/gcc/java/jcf-io.c: In function `caching_stat':
 > > >  ../../gcc/gcc/java/jcf-io.c:339: warning: `origsep' might be used
 > >uninitialized in this function
 > >
 > >Was the patch that caused this failure tested and approved?
 > >
 > ><http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-cvs/2003-03/msg00510.html>
 > >
 > >I don't see any mention of it on gcc-patches.
 >
 > Awfully sorry for this situation - this didn't come up on
 > my testing because JCF_USE_SCANDIR didn't get defined for
 > my platform (MinGW). :-(

And this is why I really don't want to commit other people's patches.
It means that if someone's patch turns out to be a little more flakey
than it looks, I get to sort out the mess.

Now, to get to the real nub of the matter: if your platform doesn't
use JCF_USE_SCANDIR, how did you test the patch?

Andrew.