versioning problems again?

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Fri Feb 28 03:09:00 GMT 2003

>>>>> "Julia" == Julia Smith <julias@macrovision.com> writes:

Julia> GCJ is hiccuping on anonomous inner classes
Julia> "undefined reference to "<mumble>::Classname::class$"
Julia> where "Classname" class has anonomous inner classes.

Julia> Have I run into a version conflict here?

I'm not sure what you mean by a version conflict.

Could you send a complete, small test case, along with the command
line you used and the actual output from gcj?  We really need more
information to help here.

Julia> It also seems to have a problem resolving class references when
Julia> they are located in jar files, unless this is the same problem
Julia> with annonomous classes.

Again I'd need more information.

In general finding classes in jar files should work fine.
There are some known name resolution bugs in the .java front end.  You
could hit these regardless of where the to-be-resolved class is found.
But, maybe you've found a new bug -- I can't be sure.