MacOSX support

Boehm, Hans hans_boehm@hp.com
Fri Feb 21 17:43:00 GMT 2003

I haven't yet imported the MacOSX fix into my tree, though I plan to do so soon.

I'm hoping to have a bit of time to look at this again starting on Tuesday.

If the gcc3.3 release is still on schedule, I agree that doing a full import would be risky.  We should definitely do it for the trunk, though perhaps after the official 6.2 GC release.

Should I try to extract and check in the dl_iterate_phdr() fix separately?  That's still somewhat risky, since the fix affects several files.  But it fixes a serious bug in the 3.3 libgcj, which I would really like to see fixed.  (Or is there a plan to change dl_iterate_phdr to avoid the lock?)  If we go this route, it would be nice if someone could check the MacOSX fix in separately as well.

Hans