Nightly Japi comparisons

Stuart Ballard sballard@netreach.com
Fri Feb 21 17:01:00 GMT 2003

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Stuart> That means the problem, whatever it is, is happening either
> Stuart> during the Japize process or during compilation. If any of you
> Stuart> know about bytecode formats, you could try verifying that the
> Stuart> .class file produced by the compiler doesn't include this
> Stuart> exception.
>
> It doesn't have this in it.  I'm fairly certain -- I looked at it with
> jcf-dump, which as far as I'm aware is bug-free.

Ah well, it would have been nice to get off the hook that way ;) Do you
have time to pursue any of the other approaches that I suggested in my
email? I'll try to get to it, but as I said, my time availability is
very limited for at *least* the next few weeks.

> Am I running japize incorrectly?

Your japize command looks fine to me, assuming that $libgcj is a path to
either a directory or a jar/zip with all your libgcj classes in.

> I'm also curious -- your display shows deprecation info, but one I
> generate locally does not.  Am I running japicompat incorrectly?

You want to include '-v' on your japicompat line to get deprecation and
serialversionuid problems included. The theory was that that would
produce a large number of errors that weren't terribly important to fix,
but in practice it seems like they form a fairly small proportion of the
actual errors...

Stuart.

--
Stuart Ballard, Programmer