Report on SWT GIJ 3.3

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe@zylin.com
Wed Feb 19 22:36:00 GMT 2003

I thought I'd take GIJ for a spin to see how well it fared
w.r.t. deploying small SWT apps.

Didn't have much luck with it. Perhaps there is a GIJ JNI issue.

>From Mohans stuff:

C:\thisiscool-gcc\examples\HelloSWT>gcj --classpath=swt.jar -C HelloSWT.java

C:\thisiscool-gcc\examples\HelloSWT>java -cp .;swt.jar HelloSWT

Works fine!

Now for GIJ:

C:\thisiscool-gcc\examples\HelloSWT>gij  --classpath swt.jar;. HelloSWT
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.internal_new_GC(org.eclipse.swt.graphics.G
CData) (Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.init() (Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.init() (Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.Device(org.eclipse.swt.graphics.DeviceData
) (Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.Display(org.eclipse.swt.graphics.DeviceDat
a) (Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.Display() (Unknown Source)
   at HelloSWT.main(java.lang.String[]) (Unknown Source)
   at 0x0040bccc (Unknown Source)
   at 0x0040b7ec (Unknown Source)
   at 0x0040b7c8 (Unknown Source)
   at 0x00402236 (Unknown Source)
   at 0x0041bc44 (Unknown Source)
   at 0x77e9311c (Unknown Source)

C:\thisiscool-gcc\examples\HelloSWT>gij --version
gij (GNU libgcj) version 3.3 20030213 (prerelease)

C:\thisiscool-gcc\examples\HelloSWT>