GCC 3.3 MingW Crossed-Native Build Suceeded! (Woo hoo!)

Ranjit Mathew rmathew4lists@hotmail.com
Mon Feb 17 15:02:00 GMT 2003

>>Sorry, but most of the really amazing work in porting to Win32
>>was done by Adam Megacz (http://www.megacz.com/). You should
>>give credit where it's due.
>
>I'll do that the next time I update the website. Being less than two
>weeks new to this, I am ignorant of most of the history behind this,

Yes, I'm sorry, I should have realised this.

>Again, everyone please point out factual errors and better ways
>I can do things. And if anyone wants to volunteer an automated

I notice that the libstdc++.a library in the download is around
30MB when it easily be reduced to around 1MB by stripping it
of debugging information or see this message:

IMHO, you should keep the SWT binaries separate from the 3.3 download.

And just to be on the right side of things, you should include the
GPL and the LGPL licenses with this as well - see "COPYING", "COPYING.LIB"
and "README.LIBIBERTY" in the GCC sources.

Ranjit.