Static linking of C-Libs with CNI possible?

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Fri Feb 14 22:13:00 GMT 2003

>> 1.) With JNI it isnt possible to put all needed libraries into the
>> executable, because JNI loads them with dlopen().

That's mostly true.  You can probably make it work with ltdl
prelinking, but that hasn't been extensively tested.

>> But is it possble with CNI to link all C-Libs statically into the
>> java-binary and remove all unneeded symbols with strip?

Yes.  We link the our own native code into libgcj.

>> 2.) JNI didnt work for me, when I linked libgcj statically against
>> my binary, the program crashed with a segfault (I had this problem
>> with several different jni-libraries) Does this work with CNI?

It's hard to say.  We don't know why your program is crashing.