Building GCC 3.3 / MingW

Lars Andersen lars@rimfaxe.com
Wed Feb 12 14:14:00 GMT 2003

I have successfully build the cross compiler, host=linux, target=mingw,
with the following sources :

binutils-2.13.90-20021006-2-src.tar.gz
gcc-20030210.tar.gz
mingw-runtime-2.4.tar.gz
w32api-2.2.tar.gz

follwing Ranjit's directions as in
http://ranjitmathew.tripod.com/phartz/gcj/bldgcj.html#xgcc

Mohan Embar posted the following problems, here is how I solved them :

> - gcc/libstdc++-v3/config/cpu/generic/atomicity.h doesn't account
>   for the lack of __GTHREAD_MUTEX_INIT. I mimicked gcc/gcc/unwind-dw2-fde.c
>   to fix this.
applied this patch :

> - building libstdc++-v3/testsuite fails because it can't find a cross g++
>   For now, I just put a dummy no-op Makefile here because I don't know
>   what I'm doing.
The XGCC_BUILD_DIR where the cross gcc is build MUST be named
"g++_build". Guess there is a hardcoded path somewhere! With this in
place testsuite compiles.

> - the lack of socklen_t (cf. your discussion with Adam on java-patches)
>   breaks the build. I'll apply your patch as per
>   http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2003-q1/msg00099.html if it doesn't
>   get committed soon.
applied the patch mentioned

Next I encountered problems with
./libjava/java/net/natPlainDatagramSocketImpl.cc
ECONNREFUSED is undefined (appears in 4 places)

if (errno == ECONNREFUSED)
   throw new PortUnreachableException (JvNewStringUTF (strerr));
<<<<<<<

I just commented those lines out. This is of course an ugly hack, but on
the short term only means that the wrong Exception gets thrown.

/Lars Andersen