Building GCC 3.3 / MingW

Ranjit Mathew rmathew4lists@hotmail.com
Wed Feb 12 08:16:00 GMT 2003

> I made some progress and now I'm going to bed. This is what I've run
> into so far:
>
> - gcc/libstdc++-v3/config/cpu/generic/atomicity.h doesn't account
>   for the lack of __GTHREAD_MUTEX_INIT. I mimicked
gcc/gcc/unwind-dw2-fde.c
>   to fix this.

See this message for the fix:

> - building libstdc++-v3/testsuite fails because it can't find a cross g++
>   For now, I just put a dummy no-op Makefile here because I don't know
>   what I'm doing.

You must first build the cross-compiler (needed only once) before
you use it to build the crossed-native compiler.

> Can you recount what these couple of JNI patches are? If not I'll dig
myself.
> The main reason I'm doing this is for SWT support, so I need JNI.

See:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2003-q1/msg00356.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2002-q4/msg00390.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2002-q4/msg00406.html

The other JNI patches have already (thankfully) made it to CVS.

Hope this helps.

Ranjit.