Building GCC 3.3 / MingW

Mohan Embar gnustuff@thisiscool.com
Wed Feb 12 07:45:00 GMT 2003

Hi Ranjit,

I made some progress and now I'm going to bed. This is what I've run
into so far:

- gcc/libstdc++-v3/config/cpu/generic/atomicity.h doesn't account
  for the lack of __GTHREAD_MUTEX_INIT. I mimicked gcc/gcc/unwind-dw2-fde.c
  to fix this.
- building libstdc++-v3/testsuite fails because it can't find a cross g++
  For now, I just put a dummy no-op Makefile here because I don't know
  what I'm doing.
- the lack of socklen_t (cf. your discussion with Adam on java-patches)
  breaks the build. I'll apply your patch as per
  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2003-q1/msg00099.html if it doesn't
  get committed soon.

I'd appreciate any feedback on the above.

>My 3.2 patches are now mostly unnecessary as almost all of these
>changes have made it to CVS, except for a couple of JNI patches
>and this crossed-native configury patch (Tom?):

Can you recount what these couple of JNI patches are? If not I'll dig myself.
The main reason I'm doing this is for SWT support, so I need JNI.

Thanks again.

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/