SWT Crash Problem with MingW/GCJ (UPDATED)

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Tue Feb 11 04:32:00 GMT 2003

Mohan> I have a general question concerning this: would I debug a
Mohan> known snapshot or a build of the latest CVS trunk? And when
Mohan> Ranjit sends you patches, like his Win32 process patch, does he
Mohan> diff against the latest CVS trunk or a known version? If I
Mohan> wanted to aspire to send a patch one day, what would you like
Mohan> me to use as a baseline?

Ranjit uses the 3.3 snapshots.

Right now, since we're releasing 3.3 soon, the 3.3 branch is a nice
balance between stability and up-to-date-ness.  So I'd recommend
trying it out, and also submitting patches against it.

Sometimes if you're using a less-recent compiler, you might write a
patch only to find the problem has already been fixed.  However, you
have to weigh this against the pain of building a recent compiler;
from time to time it won't work and if you update on the wrong
day... bleah.  The risks are higher on less common platforms (i.e.,
everybody notices when x86 Linux breaks).