reflection support? ExceptionInInitializerError

Marilen Corciovei marilen.corciovei@nemesisit.ro
Fri Apr 11 02:34:00 GMT 2003

Thank you very much for you response. I was able to fix the previous
error. Still, in the process of trying to replicate it I was able to
localize this error:

   at
I attached the full text to this email
   at _main (c:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\ccGgbaaa.i)
Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Bundle
gnu.java.locale.Calendar n
ot found
   at
__ZN3org6apache7commons9beanutils12ConvertUtils6class$$EPN4java4lang6Strin
gE (c:\thisiscool-gcc\examples\reflect\test.jar)
   ...5 more

This error is caused by the org.apache.commons.beanutils.ConvertUtils
class. I separated the involved code from the rest of the
commons-beanutil.jar and created a test environment in which this error
appears.

I attached to this mail:
- src.tgz (the compilable sources which generate this error). My build
procedure consisted of compiling the classes, packing them into a
test.jar and compiling the result using:
    gcj --classpath=./log.jar --Main=Main -o test.exe test.jar log.o
- log.jar (the stripped commons-logging.jar which I was able to compile
into the log.o file using the gcj -c -o log.o log.jar command
- error the error message

Everything is also at: http://nemesisit.rdsnet.ro/opendocs/gcj/src/

Thanks again,
Len

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 01:45, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Marilen> My question is: how much of reflection is implemented in gcj
> Marilen> or will be implemented in the near future?
>
> As far as I know, reflection completely works.
>
> Well, there are some known bugs, but they won't affect you.  I think
> all the bugs have to do with missing security checks.
>
> If reflection isn't working for you, maybe we can try to find out what
> is going on.
>
> Tom
Marilen Aretius Corciovei
Technical Manager, Nemesis IT