Web Page Content Error

Gerald Pfeifer pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Oct 24 11:51:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Dennis Newbold wrote:
>      When trying to view http://gcc.gnu.org/java/papers/cni/t1.html
> using Internet Explorer 5.5, I get the following error message:
>
> The XML page cannot be displayed
> Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then
> click the Refresh button, or try again later.

> Cannot have multiple DOCTYPE declarations. Line 27, Position 11

Thank you for your report.

I believe we can fix this problem by (a) excluding all pages under
/java/papers from the preprocessing we perform on gcc.gnu.org, or
(b) removing all DOCTYPES from the pages there.

Personally, given that these pages are generated automatically, I
believe that (a) is the better fix, but I'd like to hear (and follow)
the preference from  one of our Java web hackers.

Gerald