JET?

Cedric Berger cedric@wireless-networks.com
Sat Oct 12 00:41:00 GMT 2002

I've never heard of jet, but:

>1. Where did they get the source code for the Java standard library?
>
>     - I doubt that Sun would license theirs (they're pretty strongly
>       anti-static-compilation)

They are not anti-static-compilation, they are just against solutions
that don't
implements ALL of the java platform, including its dynamic features
(ClassLoader).
reading Jet home page:

   - "Mixed Compilation Model ensures complete support for Java dynamic
features."

Makes you think that they have a Static+JIT (or interpreter) model like GCJ
which fully implements the java model - so no problem including Sun classes.
Cedric