glibc-2.2.5 bug triggered by Java interpreter

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Fri Oct 4 07:16:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 22:25, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Anyway, it seems reasonable to me for us to chop off the class name at
> the `$' before passing it to dlopen.  This gives a little less
> flexibility in naming the .so, but I don't think this loss is very
> important.  Any comments on this idea?

The attached patch (untested) does this.
Other ideas are to also turn the '$' into a '-' or to only allow the .so
for a complete package (until now I didn't even know you could also do
it on the class level).

But whatever we decide we should at least document it somewhere. I
looked but couldn't find this in the gcj manual. Is it documented
somewhere else?

Cheers,

Mark

--