glibc-2.2.5 bug triggered by Java interpreter

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Wed Oct 2 13:30:00 GMT 2002

Ulrich> While this bug is already fixed in the current glibc CVS head,
Ulrich> the question remains why gij is doing that; seeing as '$' in
Ulrich> the library name has some special semantics for dlopen even
Ulrich> with that bug fixed (it can trigger some keyword replacement
Ulrich> AFAIK), couldn't this have unexpected side effect if a class
Ulrich> has just the right name to trigger one of those keyword
Ulrich> checks?

I wasn't aware that this could happen.  It doesn't seem to be
documented on my RHL 7.3 box :-(

Anyway, it seems reasonable to me for us to chop off the class name at
the `$' before passing it to dlopen.  This gives a little less
flexibility in naming the .so, but I don't think this loss is very
important.  Any comments on this idea?

Meanwhile, please submit a PR for this.  We don't want to forget about
it.