XML class implementation GNU JAXP (was: Java Compiling on HPUX 11.00)

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Fri Oct 4 07:05:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx/jaxp/jaxp.html
On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 19:10, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Yeah.  Our support here is a bit thin.  We once imported some of the
> org.w3c.* and org.xml.* classes.  However nobody has updated them, and
> my understanding is that we can't import all of the latest xerces code
> due to licensing considerations.
>
> I've considered simply deleting these classes and requiring people to
> get and build xerces themselves.

Note that there is a GNU JAXP Project which contains implementations the
SAX Parser API, DOM Level 2 generic XML data structures and the JAXP
v1.1 interfaces. It is distributed under a GPL compatible license
(unlike the Apache Xerces package).
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx/jaxp/jaxp.html

Cheers,

Mark