changes to Makefile.am for xlib (was Had to hand-modify makefiles to get libjava to build - did I get configuration options wrong?)

Scott Gilbertson scottg@mantatest.com
Wed Nov 27 11:49:00 GMT 2002

> Scott> I'm working on the Makefile.am patch...
> Scott> When I run automake (installed from automake-gcj-1.4.tar.gz, which
is
> Scott> version 1.6.3), I get a lot of output, ending in:
>
> Hmm.  automake-gcj-1.4.tar.gz should report that it is version 1.4.
> This is most likely the cause of the other problems you are seeing.
>
> Tom

Yup, I'd installed it to /usr/local, and the "old" one was still in /usr.
Much better now.

So now I'm trying to get the directories right.  What I have so far is:
-I../libstdc++-v3/include
-I../libstdc++-v3/include/$(target_alias)
-I$(srcdir)/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++

The last one's pretty good, but the first two assume you're building the
entire gcc tree, including libstdc++.  Since the instructions in
libjava/README say you can build libgcj all by itself, I'd like not to do
anything that precludes that.  Is there a straightforward way to point the
libc++ includes to either your installed location (/usr/include/c++/3.2.1
for example) or "../libstdc++-v3", depending on whether you're building
libjava in isolation?