another gdb question

Nic Ferrier nferrier@tapsellferrier.co.uk
Sat Nov 16 05:58:00 GMT 2002

Getting paperclips to work natively is like pulling teeth.

Paperclips uses gnujaxp: compiled natively (either from byte code or
source) it gives an IO error. It's the sort of error that needs
tracing with the debugger.

I can load paperclips in the debugger easily, but when I try to set a
break point I get all sorts of problems.

I seem to be able to complete a class name from the paperclips binary
(but not from the gnujaxp library).

I cannot seem to complete a method name, or get GDB to accept it in
any form.

For example: the entry point from paperclips into gnujaxp where the
error occurs is:

   gnu.paperclips.utils.ListXML.parse

but when I do this:

  gdb>  break 'gnu.paperclips.utils.ListXML.parse'

I get the message about their being no such function.

It seems to complete if I do this:

  gdb>  break 'gnu.paperclips.utils.ListXML'.parse'

but it doesn't actually work.

Any one got any ideas before I take this to the GDB list?

Nic