JNI in GCJ 3.2 for Win32

Eric Blake ebb9@email.byu.edu
Tue Nov 12 22:26:00 GMT 2002

I may be jumping in midstream here, but a quick comment may help.
According to JVMS 4.10, no Java method compatible with current VMs will
ever have more than 256 slots passed as parameters (1K bytes), where
longs and doubles count as two slots.  So using a short for the number
of argument bytes should work...

Then again, for JDK 1.5, Sun is tossing around the idea of enhancing the
.class file format to get rid of many of the size limitations that exist
in the current format, and argument parameter count may be one of those
enlarged limits.  We'll just have to see when JDK 1.5 comes out (next
year, maybe?).

--
This signature intentionally left boring.

Eric Blake             ebb9@email.byu.edu
   BYU student, free software programmer