How to do linking?

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Wed May 8 15:38:00 GMT 2002

>>>>> "Clemens" == Clemens Eisserer <Linuxhippy@web.de> writes:

Clemens> I'm very sorry to waste your time with such really newbie
Clemens> questions, but I didnt find any docs about gcj, only that
Clemens> small papers on www.fsf.......

Try http://gcc.gnu.org/java/

Clemens> [clemi@localhost Jine]$ gcj getdata.java

Is this the only file in your program?
Based on the error messages, I'd say no.

Clemens> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-mandrake-linux-gnu/3.0.4/../../../crt1.o(.text+0x18): undefined reference to `main'

You need to specify --main, which is documented in the manual.

Clemens> What does that mean, and where are some docus, so that I dont
Clemens> need to waste your time...

All the other things appear to reference classes which you didn't link
in.