relocate bits of posix.cc into natPosix*.cc?

Adam Megacz gcj@lists.megacz.com
Thu Jan 31 20:54:00 GMT 2002

posix.cc/posix.h define two functions: _Jv_select() and _Jv_gettimeofday().

_Jv_gettimeofday() is used only by natSystem.cc -- I propose that it
be moved into that file, and perhaps even inlined directly into
java::lang::System::currentTimeMillis().

_Jv_select() is used by natPlainSocketImpl.cc,
natPlainDatagramSocketImpl.cc, and natFileDescriptorPosix.cc, all of
which are POSIX-specific (see my last post recommending that we rename
the latter two to nat${PLATFORM}SocketImpl). I would suggest moving
_Jv_select() into natFileDescriptorPosix.cc and making it a global so
that it can be used in the natSocketImpl's.

posix.h would retain a definition for _Jv_select().

What do you all think?

  - a